Every year, Healthiest Employers® names the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America award, made up of all regional applicants of various sizes, locations, and industries. For the ninth year in a row, The Starr Group was among those honored.
And it’s no wonder! The Starr Group has an award-winning Health & Well-being program. The robust program specifically designed to reflect the needs of its diverse employee pool includes Salad Wednesdays with healthy food choices, Lunch & Learns with guest speakers from the Health Community, volunteer opportunities, and fun wellness challenges and activities such as the Office Olympics. The agency has enjoyed 100% employee participation for the past 14 years. Our emphasis on wellness draws fresh talent to our offices and retains top talent as well.
All companies on the Healthiest Employers list participated in the application process. The categories, scoring, and benchmarking were formed with the help of a national, non-biased group of representatives from the academic, medical, wellness, and business communities.
The Healthiest Employers assessment is scored Rubric style on a 1-100 scale. The assessment comprises six categories of yes/no, multiple choice, and short answer questions, with each question totaling .25-3 points. The six categories are as follows:
- Culture and Leadership Commitment
- Foundational Components
- Strategic Planning
- Communications and Marketing
- Programming and Interventions
- Reporting and Analytics
To qualify for the national award, applicants also are scored based on an additional section called “the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America”, which scores the applicant essays and asks additional questions related to chronic conditions and workplace health.
Below are the Top 15 of the 100 Healthiest Employers. * Please note that the employee count next to each organization only includes full-time employees.
- Harris Health System – Bellaire, Texas – 9323 Employees
- Witham Health Services – Lebanon, Indiana – 973 Employees
- BankUnited, N.A. – Miami Lakes, Florida – 1600 Employees
- OneAZ Credit Union – Phoenix, Arizona – 508 Employees
- Northwell Health – Lake Success, New York – 79,278 Employees
- Lane County – Eugene, Oregon – 1621 Employees
- Boulder County – Boulder, Colorado – 2069 Employees
- Riverside Healthcare – Kankakee, Illinois – 2799 Employees
- Quanta Services Inc. – Houston, Texas – 40,000 Employees
- Baylor College of Medicine – Houston, Texas – 10,962 Employees
- Royal Caribbean Group – Miami, Florida – 4027 Employees
- Broward County Government – Ft. Lauderdale, Florida – 5676 Employees
- Bean Automotive Group – Miami, Florida – 650 Employees
- Randolph County Government – Asheboro, North Carolina – 885 Employees
- The Starr Group – Greenfield, Wisconsin – 26 Employees