Did you know…
• 1 in 5 Americans suffer from Mental Health issues
• 85% go undiagnosed and untreated
• Those treated wait on average 11 years
• 19% of Mental Health issues involve anxiety
• Mental Health is not race specific
The average employee spends over 35% of their waking hours at work. That is nearly as much as they spend with friends and family. This means that the workplace culture affects someone’s life as much as their friends and family do.
If your employee suffers from mental health issues, the workplace is the last place they should keep these secrets to themselves. They are in this environment too much to live in shame, fear, or carry extra stress. This seminar is designed to help educate you on how to be a positive resource to these employees.
The Starr Group is honored to partner with tremendous experts in the area on mental health to bring area business owners this extremely vital information and help make their businesses better, stronger, and more profitable.
* * * * * * * *
- 7-7:30 am: Attendee arrival/introduction from The Starr Group
- 7:30-8:30 am: Martina Gollin Graves, Mental Health America of Wisconsin president and CEO, to give a framework of mental health in the workplace.
- 8:30-9:30 am: Sue McKenzie Dicks, Vice President of Healthy Culture at Rogers Behavioral Health, to speak on compassion resilience.
- 9:30-10:30 am: Dr. Brad Smith, a psychiatrist and medical director for Rogers Behavioral Health’s Oconomowoc campus, to speak on how employers can identify common mental health and addiction disorders in the workplace.
- 10:30-11:30 am: Ryan Kendall, Retired West Allis Police Officer with crisis intervention training.
- 11:30 am-Noon: Wrap up from The Starr Group/event concludes