Health Care Reform Compliance
Employers will need to comply with a number of Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates that begin on January 1, 2014 or on the plan year beginning in 2014.
- Summary of benefits and coverage need to be provided to new hires, upon request and during your open enrollment period
- HIPAA certification
- No dollar limits on essential health benefits
- No pre-existing condition exclusions
- Dependents covered to age 26
- Full-time employees defined as working an average of 30 hours per week
- Enrollment waiting periods must be LESS than 90 days
- Transitional re-insurance fee of $63 per covered member
- Wellness program incentives
- Reporting of health insurance coverage to the IRS
Contact your Starr Group representative for more information.