Woman of the Year/LLS
"Man & Woman of the Year"
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
200 S. Executive Drive Suite 203 * Brookfield, WI * 1-262-790-4701
"Let's raise money together to help more kids like Manny and Lauren beat blood cancer!"
Milwaukee Magazine employee Jane Stein is a volunteer for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and a candidate for the title of "Woman of the Year". She is competing with other local prominent business people to raise as much money as they can for LLS in just 10 weeks. The person who does this will earn the title "The Man or Woman of the Year".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As far back as 1949, the mission of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has abeen to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
Among the services they provide:
- LLS has invested more than $1 billion in research since it's inception, and $50-$70 million has been invested annually over the past decade.
- Currently in Wisconsin, LLS is supporting University of Wisconsin research studying mutations in one type of gene common in leukemia cases.
- LLS distributes funds to patients to help cover the cost of cancer treatment through a Co-Pay Assistance Program.
- LLS hosts Family Support Groups with professional guideance and information for patients and their families.