1558 N 6th Street * Milwaukee, WI * 1-414-267-8100
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee has helped local kids and teens since 1887 when Annabell Cook Whitcomb transformed two basement rooms at Plymouth Church on Milwaukee’s east side into a Club for boys. Today, they are the largest youth-serving agency in the city and have grown to be one of the largest Boys & Girls Clubs in the country.
Every day, thousands of Milwaukee’s youth stream through their doors and participate in academic and recreational programming. They provide safety and support during critical hours of the day as well as meals, strong role models, organized athletics and access to the arts. At the Clubs, there’s a way for every kid to get involved and learn something new.
Their vision is to build the community’s social and economic fabric by ensuring the academic and career success of every member that walks through their doors. They achieve this by providing more impactful programs that appeal to their members, strengthen their academic performance, build character, encourage healthy lifestyles and meet the basic needs of Milwaukee’s youth.
None of their work would be possible without the commitment of 700 full- and part-time employees and more than 1,200 volunteers, as well as a dedicated Leadership Team and Board of Trustees. Together, the group is guided by the same passion that drove Cook Whitcomb all those years ago: To inspire and empower the youth who need us most.