This position is responsible for the efficient and timely handling of incoming and outgoing mail; electronic document scanning; and accounts payable. Additional duties include the administrative support of Sales Staff, Customer Service Account Managers and Director of First Impressions. This is an in-office position; not an Office/Work-From-Home Hybrid position. Familiarity with the insurance and risk industry helpful, but not required. This is a full time, hourly position. Minimum 2-3 years business office experience required.
Top candidate will be proven team player. Position assists with key projects and priorities from other departments as needed. As an employee of The Starr Group, the values of I-PREACH — Integrity, Passion, Respect, Excellence, Acknowledgement, Communication, Health & Wellbeing – will be supported.
Position: Operations Specialist
Reports to: Vice President – Operations
- Pick-up / Drop-off from U.S. Post Office on a daily basis
- Process incoming mail and distribute as necessary
- Process outgoing mail and drop off at designated Post Office
- Pick-up scanning throughout various locations in office
- Scan Mail to Employees via front-end Scanning Procedure
- Issue checks at the direction of Executive Vice President for the following: Monthly Bills, Expense Reports, Vendors Invoices, Flex Spending reimbursement
- Answer incoming customer calls during lunch periods and additional time as needed. Review and forward electronic faxes during this time
- Monitor Cameras & Doorbell for deliveries and guests
- Personal Lines Support: customer thank you card processing: run monthly expiration list reports, print address labels, give to Operations Assistant.
- Commercial Lines Support: verify and update annual Occupational Work Comp Claim Clinic locations and phone numbers
- Prepare Work Comp Claim Kits as needed
- Request time sheets from hourly employees
- Audit employee PTO on Employee Calendar vs Prism PTO portal
- Update Outlook Address Book for each department
- Shared light Kitchen duties
- Monitor de-humidifier in building’s lower level office space
- High School diploma or GED.
- Reading proficiency and comprehension required, proof-reading skills a plus.
- Mathematics required
- Ability to communicate effectively via written letter and email, as well as verbally by phone and in person.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel required.
- Familiarity with virtual meeting platforms Zoom, Teams, GoToMeeting, or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with Applied Epic software or equivalent database platform helpful, but not required.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to take stairs
- Upon hiring and learning the position, ideal candidate will suggest best practices for inter-departmental support efficiency as well as to move the agency forward in customer retention.
- New employee will take initiative to learn upgrades to software and stay abreast of updates for office machinery utilized most in this position.
- Will advance to Senior position in 3-5 years once all criteria have been achieved and when positioned as a role model within the department.
- Availability of an annual Retention Bonus.
- Availability of an annual Profitability Bonus.