Are you seeking a rewarding career along with a top salary and benefits package? Want to work with an organization that promotes entrepreneurship, rewards high performance and motivates each individual to maximize their full potential? Do you desire an environment that is driven to excel and believes in a healthy work/life balance? Is your preference to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines? Can you plan and prioritize your day without being micro-managed? Are you the “go to” person for product knowledge and information?
If this sounds like you, you may be the Group Benefits Account Executive The Starr Group would be looking for to join our team!
The Starr Group is an Insurance/Risk Management agency with the capabilities of advising clients on everything from their business insurance, including group health insurance, to personal insurance. In addition, we provide assistance in Human Resource Compliance, Loss Control, Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration, Corporate Wellness, Leadership Training and E-Services.
We are unique in our approach to client services because of the high education requirements for our sales and service personnel. Our goal is to not only provide insurance to clients but also to become an advisor who reviews our clients’ needs and analyses their total cost of risk. Having a staff that is highly educated in the insurance industry promotes higher quality advice and insurance products for our clientele. Our areas of expertise include: Commercial Insurance, Employee Benefits, Corporate Wellness and Auto and Home Insurance Coverage.
Customer service positions include a comprehensive benefit package, competitive salary, continued education, strategic work environment, and the latest technology in a paperless environment.
Account Executives work with business owners and senior leadership teams to grow their business and add value. The Group Benefits Account Executive supports and assists the sales staff in writing new business and retaining and servicing business accounts with an emphasis on maintaining positive client relationships through insurance knowledge and professional communication skills.
• 70% internal and 30% client facing – including frequent client discussions and participation in meetings/presentations with decision makers and employees as necessary
• Set up marketing file for quoting, prepare submission and track carrier responses to assure effective turn-around time. Return marketing file to Benefit Sales Consultant in timely manner
• Manage assigned renewals by negotiating renewal increases with carriers, marketing the group, develop claim projections, and cost analysis
• Provide superior customer service to clients and prospects. This includes, but is not limited to, claim questions/disputes, billing questions/disputes, explaining plan designs and coverages, and miscellaneous issues
• Conduct employee enrollment meetings and follow-up on approval of cases, mail ID cards, follow-up with new groups
• Assist client with any follow up questions once options are presented
• Solve client inquires; working with Benefit Sales Consultant to decide appropriate course of action when necessary
• Establish service standards on Stewardship Timeline in partnership with Benefit Sales Consultant
• Support Benefits Sales Consultant as needed with new business presentations
• Serve as a mentor with advanced knowledge to team members and department to resolve complex issues
• Document systems as necessary
• Through your sense of urgency and questioning techniques you accomplish your goals
• Work with a team that is equally driven and knowledgeable
• Be a part of a recognized agency with an award winning culture.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• High School Diploma, Associate/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 5+ Years Group Benefits Agency experience; experience in group 50+ preferred
• Current Life/Accident & Health License
• Self-starter who possesses exceptional communication & interpersonal skills – verbal and written
• Thorough understanding of group underwriting, products and plan designs, as well as an understanding of the relationship between employers, their employees, and their insurance carriers
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively resolve customer issues in a patient and timely manner
• Excellent time management and follow through, including the ability to effectively multi-task by balancing quality and quantity of output
• Experience in managing relationships with Companies, Vendors, TPA’s and Reinsurer’s regarding concepts of self-funded, level-funded and fully insured groups
• Thorough understanding of TPA’s and their differentiation by capabilities and competencies both integrated and non-integrated
• Confident reviewing Stop Loss Contracts, Plan Documents, Wrap agreements, SPDs, Administrative Agreements and other pertinent documents
• Advanced knowledge of laws regulating insurance benefits and employer compliance related requirements
• Confident performing a Demographic Audit
• NAHU Self-Funded Certification preferred
To determine if our organization fits your work ethic, drive and personality, please CLICK HERE to take our brief survey. We look forward to hearing from you regarding the Group Benefits Account Executive position!
Learn more ABOUT US!