Reports to Vice President of Operations
The Emerging Business Unit (EBU) provides a great opportunity for you to enjoy both sales and service in our commercial department! As an EBU Account Manager you are responsible for retention and growth by servicing existing clients and generating new business revenue from referrals. This allows you to earn commissions on your new business! Accounts are generally under $2500 in revenue. You will demonstrate superior leadership skills while enhancing your knowledge while working through advanced designations.
As an Account Manager in EBU you are inspired to learn more and perform to be “best in class” for our clients and your co-workers. You will demonstrate superior knowledge in all areas of your job function and have exceptional time management skills and follow-through.
All employees of The Starr Group are empowered to create workflow solutions by enhancing efficiency whenever possible. All team members will put the needs of the team in the forefront through their thoughts, words, and actions.
- High School Diploma, Associate/Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years proven insurance industry experience related to servicing small accounts under $2500 in revenue
- Current Property and Casualty License
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Teams
- Positive demeanor and attitude
- Committed and Passionate team player
- Embrace I-PREACH Values (Integrity, Passion, Respect, Excellence, Acknowledgement, Communication and Health & Wellness)
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Effective time management and follow-through
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral along with strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages
- Strong listener – ability to decipher and understand client needs
- Critical thinker, Problem Solver
- Comfortable handling escalated client concerns
- Comfortable researching and finding solutions for the insured
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of Applied Epic
- Ability to follow all guidelines, processes and procedures
- Manage renewal timeline
- Serve as a client contact for day-to-day operations and answers client questions to improve the client experience
- Perform critical client functions including evaluating risks; developing solutions; articulating impact of options; and making recommendations to client across supported product line
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to provide best-in-class service to drive growth and retention
- Manage and record all activities in the workflow system to ensure timely follow up by client, carriers, client team and delivery of final policy
- Keep abreast of changing market conditions
- Renewing and remarketing accounts, including obtaining quotes, and reviewing quotes and proposals for accuracy and delivery to client
- Preparing Summaries of Insurance for new business proposal and renewal meetings
To determine if our organization fits your work ethic, drive and personality, please CLICK HERE to take our brief survey. We look forward to hearing from you!