Protection and prevention go hand-in-hand in business and insurance. In order to totally protect your business, prevention is a cost-effective way to eliminate additional costs and future claims.
Clients of The Starr Group have access to an on-staff safety professional, Ron Humphreys, who will access the needs of your business and assist you in addressing issues that could effect you in the future.
Safety and risk management has evolved tremendously and more recognize today that safety involves all operating disciplines. Ron Humphreys brings a unique service perspective having held a number of positions in his safety career. As Vice President of Risk Control Services with a national insurer, he was responsible for quality policyholder service delivery with a staff of nearly 100 loss control consultants across the country.
Ron has an insurance underwriting and account management background. Prior to this he worked in the manufacturing sector as director of safety & security. He was responsible for OSHA compliance, property protection, and the workers compensation program. Ron is familiar with lean operating programs, notably, improving efficiency by designing safer operating practices. He worked alongside of the CFO when evaluating insurance programs and assisted with the selection process, so Ron has sat on all sides of the conference table.
Ron began his safety career after working in a manufacturing operation before continuing his education. He held a number of positions including machinery operation and set up, quality control, and production supervisor. He has a wealth of hands-on experience working with numerous manufacturing, construction, hospitality, retail, and municipal organizations over the years.
While work experience and educational qualifications certainly count, the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with all levels of employees is vital. Ron has a practical-no-nonsense approach to improving safety performance that has assisted many of his clients with achieving the safety results they were seeking, and at times, even greater success than they anticipated.
- Associate Risk Management (ARM) Insurance Institute of America
- Authorized OSHA Trainer 10 and 30 hour courses General Industry, Eastern MI University
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree Occupational Safety, WCTC; additional college credits include Workers Compensation Law, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, and Business Management
- National Safety Council (NSC) and Wisconsin Safety Council (WCS) memberships and active subcommittee member of the WCS
- Training certifications/courses in Ergonomics, Machine Guarding, Forklift, Confined Spaces, Fall Protection, etc.
- Authored articles published in Risk & Insurance Magazine and various trade newsletters/magazines
Our safety services include, but are not limited to the following.