Is COBRA Administration squeezing the life out of your HR department?
Take the COBRA/Wisconsin Continuation Compliance Quiz
- Do you know qualified beneficiaries may be required to receive 11 different COBRA notifications?
- Do you know if your company is subject to COBRA regulations or Wisconsin Continuation regulations?
- Are you aware of different regulations that apply to COBRA and State Continuation?
- Do you know the time frames required by DOL for initial notices (now called general notices?
- Are you aware of the COBRA Medicare extensions?
- Do you keep up with the DOL federal regulations and the IRS revenue changes? (Final regulation in Federal Register Volume 69, Number 102 dated 05/26/03 for example)
- Do you have an employee election notice? If you have one, does it include the 15 specific provisions that are required?
- Are you aware of the penalties if you fail to comply?
- IRS penalty of $100 per day for single coverage, $200 per day for family coverage
- ERISA penalty of $110 per person per day with no family maximum
- Attorney fees
- Court costs
- Payment of qualified beneficiary medical bills to make them “whole”
If you answered "no" to any of these questions, you may benefit from a new affordable way to take away the worry of COBRA Administration offered to clients of The Starr Group!