The Workplace is a Convenient Source for Voluntary Benefits
More and more employers are choosing to offer benefits to employees on a voluntary basis. Voluntary benefits are coverages offered through the workplace that are either paid for entirely by employees or costs are shared with employers.
The workplace has become a primary source for benefits beginning with health insurance, expanding to dental, vision and life insurance then often leading further to disability, accident and critical illness coverages. When employees are given choices for allocating their premium dollars they often choose to purchase voluntary benefits when they are available.
Voluntary benefits are becoming more popular for several reasons:
- Employers can offer a more robust benefit package which helps attract and retain employees.
- Employers can offer a wider variety of benefits versus a “one size fits all” package.
- Employers can offer more benefits at no additional cost.
- Employees benefit from substantially lower group rates versus purchasing the same coverages on an individual basis.
- Employees can receive tax savings since premiums can be paid with pre-tax dollars.
- Employees have the convenience of purchasing coverages at work and paying premiums with automatic payroll deductions.
For more information about voluntary benefits including accident coverage, critical illness coverage, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance contact your Starr Group Representative at 414-421-3800.